Ever wondered how other people write the scripts for films and TV? Here’s a 7 minute video of interviews with a range of awardwinning screenwriters, put together by BAFTA (British Academy of Film and Television Arts) and without further ado, here it is….
- What is your writing practice?
- What do you do in a writing day?
- Should you write about areas you know about from personal experience?
- What happens during adapting a book for screen?
- When do you let other people see what you’re writing?
- Do you need any script when you’re improvising?
- Advice for new writers? (Keep going! Watch films/tv which has writing you admire)
John Morton (Twenty Twelve, W1A, People like Us)
David Magee (Life of Pi, Finding Neverland)
Joanna Scanlon (Getting On)
Ol Parker (The Best Marigold Hotel)