Do you know an artist who has learnt their craft and begun producing new and original work – and they’d like to get their work into galleries and selling?
Check out this brief and informative video – it takes a very simple, straightforward approach.
Basically, Brainard Carey recommends:
- Select your best 10 pictures, have good photos of them on an ipad, ready to show.
- Pick galleries near where you live
- (Leave your work at home) Go to their opening nights for another artist’s work, see how it is, in full flow
- Ask to speak to someone about a particular sculpture or painting you like – ask a question, see how they handle it
- Judge how they would represent YOU by how they are selling the other artist’s work – are they knowledgeable, interesting, and make an attractive case? Then decide if they would be good for representing you.
- Visit the gallery next day, with your work ready to show on ipad or portable screen device – ask if they consider new artists’ work?
- If yes, how would they like to see the work? (They will possibly say email 2 or 3 images – but if they would like to see your work right then and there, you have the images already with you, ready for display)