Continuing the experiment with creative prompts from Sketchbook Skool. Here are your daily challenges for October, should you choose to accept this mission.
Sketchbook Skool is an excellent provider of online drawing classes – find this list above and more info on their courses over at:
Creative Prompts – what?
Creative prompts are a trigger, a starter, a warmup. The idea is that you see the word and it’s a catalyst to make creative work sparked off by that thought.
10 Benefits of Creative Prompts
- the randomness. It comes from outside yourself, so it take you out of unnoticed ruts
- it works quickly – read a word, start making
- the breadth of themes covered – just look across the month
- serendipity – you are likely to stumble accidentally upon a particularly meaningful theme to you personally, in among so many choices
- it encourages play, you can experiment, there’s no big commission at stake
- you can engage in the same themes with other people, everyone knows what the theme for the day is, it can become a fun shared activity
- it gives a starting point, instead of a blank screen/page/canvas
- it’s something to aim for – and you can still be surprised by feeling drawn to something different as you begin – you can go with that ‘diversion’
- it’s fresh, daily
- someone else has done the work of thinking where to begin, you just respond